A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for half of Alberta.
Conditions could bring about thunderstorms with strong wind, heavy rain, and large hail, according to Environment Canada.
The watch covers all of Southern Alberta and stretches up to Central Alberta as far north as the Slave Lake area.
That includes Foothills County and surrounding areas:
- Foothills Co. near Cayley
- Foothills Co. near High River and Aldersyde
- Foothills Co. near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- Foothills Co. near Okotoks and De Winton
- Foothills Co. near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- Foothills Co. near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T'ina Res.
One area was even upgraded to a severe thunderstorm warning, with potential for nickel-sized hail:
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely