Environment Canada has issued a special air quality statement for parts of Southern Alberta due to wildfire smoke.
Both air quality and visibility are affected, though they can fluctuate from hour to hour.
Throat irritation, coughing, and headaches can occur, especially for children, seniors, and those affected by asthma.
The statement is in effect for:
- Foothills Co. near Cayley
- Foothills Co. near High River and Aldersyde
- Foothills Co. near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- Foothills Co. near Okotoks and De Winton
- Foothills Co. near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- Foothills Co. near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T'ina Res.