Just before 1:30 p.m. today, Environment Canada cancelled the Wind Warning for the Foothills.
Environment Canada issued a wind warning just before 9:00 a.m. for the Foothills area for today, Tuesday Nov. 22.
And there's a 60 per cent chance of snow flurries tonight:
- Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 after midnight. Low plus 1.
Go to our weather page for the latest information.
8:50 AM MST Tuesday 22 November 2022
Wind warning in effect for:
- Foothills Co. near Cayley
- Foothills Co. near High River and Aldersyde
- Foothills Co. near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- Foothills Co. near Okotoks and De Winton
- Foothills Co. near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- Foothills Co. near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T'ina Res.
Strong winds from the west will occur through this afternoon. Gusts to 90 km/h are likely.
Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. High winds may result in power outages and fallen tree branches. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.