The Town of High River has changed the dates again for the full closure of the Centre Street Bridge.
It was supposed to be closed Wednesday, July 18, but will now instead be closed from midnight Wednesday, July 25 for a full 24 hours to accomodate work on the flood gate.
They'll also be closing the bridge Wednesday, September 26 and Wednesday, October 3.
In a release from the Town they say they're making every effort to keep traffic disruption to a minumum throughout the project.
Commuters are encouraged to use 498 Avenue, 5 Street S.E. and 3 Avenue to access the downtown and S.W. areas.
Emergency service response times will not be affected due to this closure.
The pedestrian pathway will remain open throughout the duration of the project. There will be a small corridor installed with construction fence for safe passage through the work zone for pedestrians and bike traffic.
Full Road Closures:
· Wednesday, July 25 to Thursday, July 26.
· Wednesday, September 26
· Wednesday, October 3
Lane Closures (alternating traffic):
· West lane June 26 – June 27
· East lane June 27 – July 5
· West lane July 6 – July 10
· East Lane July 11 – July 24
· West lane July 24 – Aug 7
· East lane Aug. 7 – Aug. 16
· West lane Aug. 16 – Aug. 23
· East lane Aug. 23 – Aug. 24
Send us your news tips, story ideas and comments at [email protected]