High River RCMP have made an arrest and laid nine charges against the man involved in a high speed chase on Tuesday July 31 2018.
Michael Hautala, from Golden BC, was arrested and is facing the following charges:
- Possession of stolen property exceeding $5000,
- Possession of stolen property not exceeding $5000,
- Failure to comply with recognizance, possession of a prohibited weapon
- Flight from police, resisting a police officer, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Numerous traffic safety act offenses.
In the recent news release, Sgt Jason Cann of the High River RCMP says he is thankful for the public's assistance.
"This is a perfect example of public and police collaboration resulting in crime reduction. We appreciate this and encourage community members to continue reporting suspicious events."
Send us your news tips, story ideas and comments at [email protected]