I'm so excited to support SNAPS this weekend while emceeing Rouge Eh Blanc Fashion and Art Show on 4th Ave here in High River on Sunday (the 17th) afternoon! I'll also be putting on some cool clothes and walking down the catwalk.
This show will have all the bells and whistles of a high end fashion show and it is going to stand out as one of the events of the year!
As someone who takes pride in my knowledge for fashion, I would love to share with you the trends of Fall/Winter 2017 and how you can pair them to your liking. So far what I am seeing and what I am enjoying are the bold reds, vintage inspired everything and velvet in numerous colours!
1) Red is the official colour for fall 2017 - It's the season for men and women saying, in the words of Gord Bamford, "Blame it on the red dress!" Haha! How do you wear it? Anyway you like, really! From a sleek coat in deep red, to a thigh high boot in a hot red, wool scarf, mits or hat or shoes to add a pop of colour to your grey, black or browns. You really can't go wrong with red this season. Maybe some flaming red lipstick for a special occasion too. Like Gord Bamford says...
2) Furs/Faux Furs - This season, it's all about the vintage furs and keeping it simple and basic - so get the cozy in that long coat and even get a fur hat as those are huge this season too.
3) Glitter boots! This is a thing, yes! Reminding of us all of our 90s youth! How to pair these because they are so bold, you ask? With your favourite basic tee and jeans to add a little flair for a night out! That's my favourite way - statement shoe FTW!
4) Western - well, we have that covered here is southern Alberta... all I ask is to see women stop wearing six-inch stilletos with wranglers during stampede.
5) 70's plaid - if you're a 90's baby - you may not know exactly what that means - it's not the grunge plaid - it's the bright, bold, fun plaid. Wear it as a statement pant or a bold jacket!
6) Victorian Collars - The high frilled collars - like a fancy turtleneck. Blouses are the best.
7) Couch and Dark Florals - Love this! I love florals. Where it any way you can is my advice.
8) Velvet and crushed velvet and formal velvet- Once again, LOVE. IT. The two weddings I've gone to so far, I wore velvet jersey dresses and got all the compliments. Super comforable go with a dress, shirt or shoes. I don't recommend the pants.
9) Belted Coats - Keep warm and keep the wind out in a long wide belted trench.
We have seven boutiques from High River - so they will have you covered for all your Fall Winter/Fashion needs! Tickets are only $35, it starts at 12:30 and all proceeds go to SNAPS!
See you there and happy shopping!