Alberta has cracked The 22 Best Places To Travel Around The World: Where To Go Next list put out by Forbes.
The list highlighted Alberta's "wonder around every bend and corner, from the spectacular Canadian Rockies to the Badlands to the culturally rich cities."
It says the province is perfect for travellers with a passion for learning and exploring the outdoors.
"Alberta offers a wide variety of festivals and museums, rich and interactive history, exquisite provincial parks, delicious cuisine with small batch spirits and an impressive number of daylight hours to maximize time. In early July, the sun rises before 5:30 and sets close to 10 p.m."
Recommended sights and experiences included:
- The newly expanded Metis Crossing
- Edmonton Queer History Project
- A trip through the Canadian Rockies via rail
- Cycling the windy and scenic Bow Valley Parkway between Banff and Lake Louise
- A tour on the North Saskatchewan River with Urban River Adventures
- Dine in a 360° Dome, surrounded by panoramic views of the Canadian Rockies and a 132-year-old castle or join a “peak nic”—part interpretive-guided hike, part backcountry cooking lesson and part gourmet picnic
- The Dark Sky Festival in Jasper
Our province was the only place in Canada or the U.S. to make the list.
View the full list, here.