The Okotoks Fire Department put the kibosh on a house fire this afternoon (April 28).
The call came in just before 12:30 p.m., with reports of smoke in a Drake Landing residence.
Okotoks Fire Chief Trevor Brice says fire personnel were quickly able to identify the source of the smoke.
"They did a primary search on the first and second floor, then proceeded down to the basement where they found some flames in the mechanical room. That's been extinguished so the fire is now out."
Luckily, the fire was limited to one room.
The exact cause hasn't yet been determined.
Brice says it's a good reminder to check smoke and carbon monoxide alarms so that these kinds of fires are always extinguished quickly.